Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

Potato & Peas Cups

What should I call this Snack? Mini Puffs? Samosa? When I served this dish to my hubby this evening he asked me for the recipe name. I told him different names and he was confused and didn’t bother to ask me more about it and ate the snack quitely. So I quickly went and took the Puff pastry from the freezer and saw the recipe name; it had the recipe for Chocolate peanut butter cups and I replaced them as Potato- Peas cups. So that’s how I came up with this name. I just followed the instruction of the pack and just changed the filling. I served this with sweet and sour chutney. Here goes the recipe!!!

For Filling

  • Mash 1 boiled potato with ¼ cup frozen green peas, 1tsp garam masala, 1tsp of crushed cumin and coriander seeds, and salt. You can add any filling of your choice.

Method

  • Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheets into squares about 3 inches. Press squares into bottoms of muffin-pan cups.
  • Place about 1 tbsp. filling in center of each squares and bake 15-18 min or until it turns into a golden color.

Sweet and Sour Chutney

  • Heat pan with ½ cup of water; add ½ -1 tsp tamarind paste, 5-6 finely chopped dates, ¼ tsp salt, and 3-4 tsp jaggery or brown sugar. Boil them until it reduces to a semi-thick paste. Allow them to cool.
  • Grind the paste with few cilantro, few mint leaves, and 4-5 green chilies. Add water, salt, and sugar according to your taste.
This chutney can be served for any snack. You can use this for bhel puri

See fellow bloggers recipes using pastry sheets: Samosas, Vegetable Puffs, Vegetable puff.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Sudha said...

Ha, priya..just now i saw archana's snack and here im with another one..ho i really wanna have them all..its pretty cold here..would u mind sending few potato-peas cups to me..thanks for sharing.

4:52 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm..Another snack...Looks really nice,Priya

7:04 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Different that regular veg.puff. I will give it a try next time when i am in mood for veg.puffs.

7:57 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely dish priya. will try it soon...

9:26 AM   Edit
Blogger Deepa Culinary World said...

Your Potato & Pea cups Looks very yummy & easy too.

soon I will give a try &let you know.Thanks for sharing.

9:44 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. a super simple snack. I got to run for pastry sheets now. Thnx.

11:26 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potato-peas cups look so yummy. thnaks!

12:19 PM   Edit
Blogger archana said...

I am sure this will be a good appetizer for a party, so easy to prepare and tasty too. Thank you for hte recipe.

4:31 PM   Edit
Blogger Menu Today said...

Hi Priya,
Looks wonderful!!!!

6:10 PM   Edit
Blogger Maneka Nirmal said...

That was a real nice idea..it looks delish. Come-on priya,give us more innovative recipes. hey, what happened to the poor Scapegoat ?!!!!!! pavam kanavan..he.he.

8:28 PM   Edit
Blogger Prema Sundar said...

Priya I have made the usual puff with the puff pastry sheets.. Urs look simpler than mine so i would really be happy to try urs.Thanks for the recipe.

8:31 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priya, very nice recipe. Ive pastry sheets, so will defintely try it tom and let you know.

8:33 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi this is rg here. This recipe sounds quite simple and yet looks and sounds wonderful. I'll sure give it a try. I don't have a pepperdige farm store nearby...is this pastry sheet available in kroger or any such Grocery shops? Thanks Priya.

1:59 PM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Hey RG...pepperidge farm pastry sheets are available in all American grocery stores... or any pastry sheet can be used... I usually get it from Albertsons and safeway...

2:09 PM   Edit
Blogger Shah cooks said...

innovative name for an innovative snack.

6:39 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Home